It’s been roughly 30 days since I said goodbye to a job I knew for the last 10 years and hello to entrepreneurship. Yes, I resigned from my comfort zone back on October 20, 2015. I’ve been planning and praying towards that day for years so when the moment finally came it felt so good! The feeling was and still is the equivalent of being on an amazing roller coaster ride full of ups, downs, twists and turns all moving at lightening speed, yet smiling (and screaming) all the way!
What’s happened in the one month since I’ve changed my life:
- Knowing that I can never do this alone has humbled me greatly.
- Mondays are no longer a dreadful pain in my inner most beings. I like Mondays now.
- I can come and go as I please. No need to ask for permission to run errands at 2 in the afternoon.
- I’ve raised my prices and am now engaging with clients who not only get me but value my worth as well.
- I’ve grabbed the attention of major brand influencers (hey Essence Mag!) who’ll be featuring my product line The DynaSmiles in their holiday buying list for 2015.
- I’ve reconnected with some amazing individuals who I now have the time to learn from and grow with exponentially.
- I’ve secured partnerships with two (2) business entities to bring in work for at least the next year.
THE NOT SO GOOD
- “When am I getting paid?” — Going from a steady income to unsteady pay outs is not fun at all.
- “I’m not playing on my laptop, I’m really working.” — Having to explain to my extended family and friends over and over again that I really am working can get tiresome.
- “Mommy are you done with your work yet?” — My family needs me too so knowing when to stop working is a huge learning curve for me. I’m learning though… my family is my priority so working around the clock can’t be my life.
Overall, I’ve made a change that has helped me see what stepping out on faith really is like and I absolutely love it!
[tweetthis]When there is no risk the reward is never sweet.[/tweetthis]
What is your step of faith that you’ve been pondering over?
Why haven’t you taken that step?
Let me know in the comments below.
Written by Daveia Odoi, Your Visual Branding Advisor and Owner of DNT Dynamite Design, LLC & The DynaSmiles® by DNT.
Leave A Comment